Interview with me

Friday, September 29, 2000

I love writing but writing about myself is not easy. It's like putting 30+ years' of life experiences in 10 sentences. For the sake of my blog, I will try to write something.


My name is JacQueline Teo. Yes, with a capital 'Q'. You can call me Jacq, Jacqie or Jacqzter. I'm fine with it. I've lived in Brunei, Perth and Singapore. I was born and bred in Brunei. Sent to Perth for my tertiary education and based in Singapore for work. I can proudly say I've experienced a fair bit about living a meaningful life.


I led a sedentary life till 2005. I picked up running. Then I ventured into triathlon. Till date, I've completed 1 IRONMAN 70.3, 2 Ultramarathon (84km) and a handful of marathons.


On my last birthday, I was diagnosed with Stage III nasopharyngeal cancer. I completed 33 sessions of radiotherapy and 9 sessions of chemotherapy. Current goal for health is to remain in remission as long as I can *fingers X* My life has since added more emotions, experiences and words... This blog witnesses my active life in the past, my strength and struggles living with nose cancer and hopefully a good changed person in the future.


Interview with Jacqie
How would you describe yourself?
Blessed daughter/sister/godma, mood-swing God's child, faithful dog lover, wannabe writer and hardcore runner. 


What is the first thing in your mind when you wake up in the morning?
Brush teeth. It's too early for my brain to function...


Are you a nostalgic or forward-looking person?
A bigger part of me is nostalgic by nature. Good or bad memories, they were life experiences. 


What's your ideal place on earth?
I wish I have a house in a cottage faraway. I would sit by the window on my rocking chair, enjoying my x'mas-like latte.


Where's your favourite place on earth?
Wherever my family is.


If a chance to make a change, what would you want to change?
To love my family especially my parents even more. Spend more quality time with them. 


What is the one thing you like about yourself? 
My stubbornness. It makes me tenaciously determined person. 


What is one weakness you want to improve?
My judgment of people. I'm too trusting. 


You were diagnosed with Stage III nose cancer without symptoms. Your life changed overnight. Do you hate life?
I don't hate my life because my life is blessed with lovely family and many blessings. I'm not afraid of dying but I'm afraid of leaving my loved ones.


Do you see life with a different perspective now?
Wider lens with multiple angles. 


Is there any place you wish to go?
I hope to make a trip to Shakespeare and Company and Le Pure cafe in Paris. 


Is there anything you wish to fulfill?
I've always wanted to write a book. Short stories perhaps. 



✍ What's your future plan?
I don't make grand plans. My utmost prayer is for my family to be happy and healthy always. 


How would want this blog to serve you? 
This blog is my open diary. It helps me to remember things and events I've experienced, just in case I forget them in the future. I also hope that those who follow my blog or happened to stumble upon would enjoy reading it and be encouraged. 

2 notes by reader:

Josephine said...

hello there. i bumped into your blog searchin for a copy of "Spark your Dream' book ... and im glad to be reading your life stories :) you're inspiring being a great runner too! stay strong!

Anonymous said...

:)

~jacky~

Post a Comment