Running group in Brunei

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My cousin sis-in-law introduced me to her group of running friends. I joined her this evening. We met at the Stadium.

She introduced me to Iza and Angela. Iza is a veteran runner. Melissa said she's top 10 in veteran category. However, Iza said Angela is much faster. Four of us headed out to start the run. Angela and me followed by Melissa and Iza behind. We lost Melissa and Iza after 10 minutes.

Angela directed me. Angela is indeed a good runner. We didn't talk much. Angela slowed down. I continued to run on and looking back for direction. We did 8km. Good run. I realized Brunei is actually quite hilly.

I chatted with the runners. More of them came back from their run. I can't remember all their names but they seem to be avid runners. They told me they run almost everyday. May be I've been away for too long, it seems hard for me to blend in. Anyways it's good to know more friends.

8 April is Standard Chartered Brunei half marathon. If time permits, I may come home to run. I encourage Che Joyce to take up the challenge. Jiayou, Che Joyce!

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment