Allen, little Jack, Uncle Lai and Auntie Jenny came to visit us. It was a funny feeling to see my childhood playmate caring a baby now. Allen is Jack's daddy. So I thought, this is how Allen's child looks like. Little Jack is a handsome sweetheart.
I also met up with Jo for tea. Jo still looks the same. She didn't age a bit. We didn't see each other decade long. Gee, we're in the 30s now. Different phase of life.
I remember our Malay tuition days at Cikgu Yau. It felt like yesterday. I would still fumble when I recall Cikgu Yau's Q&A section. I would always look for my saviours, Edwin and Allen. Jo was the sweet popular girl. Guys at the back rows would try to make small talks or catch her attentions. Those were the carefree days!
Now we've all grown up. I felt heavy laid burdens. I guess burdens come with age and responsibilities. The pauses and silence in the conversations hid stories.
I enjoyed the reunion with Jo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment