This was my first unaccompanied trip back to Singapore since last October. I was excited about Bangkok trip. Woohoo! I arrived Singapore on 31 October. A day earlier than planned. Contacted a few friends and met up for meals. I had the honor to sit a few tables away former Minister Foreign Affairs, George Yeo. It was a restaurant famous for its nasi padang. Lunchtime queue was snake-long. Well, the food worth the wait. I also had good Thai food at Siglap with a few sips of beer to celebrate my recovery.
Then came the long-awaited trip, Sue sent me to the airport. Joey was held back by errands. Thankfully the flight was delayed. Cathay Pacific catered lunch for the passengers due to the delay. We were impressed by its service. The flight was smooth. It took us not too long to reach the hotel. Julin and Rachel were waiting for us. Our shopping trip officially commenced.
Everything looked so cheap. Everything looked so nice. I felt like bringing Bangkok home. My greatest happiness was to find Blackberry phone cases. I couldn't help to get more. Again, they were nice and cheap. Bangkok is a ladies' paradise. They sell tops, dresses, t-shirts, skirts, shorts all in wholesale. The more you get, the cheaper you pay. Bangkok made me a shopaholic. I finished my bahts and had to resort to ATM for more cash. Hehe. I bought a few things for house decor as well.
I came back with one additional bag. Well, it was a short getaway. Good enough for me, in term of damage control. Before long, I was packing to fly home already. Ren came to send me to the airport. Good to see a much happier Ren. Ren carries iPhone now, no longer nokia ringing tone.
Santa JacQ was safely home! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment