I finally got 50/50 dvd. I was waiting for the movie since its release in States in September 2011. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was great. When faced with death, laughter is the best response. Mama watched with me.
The script was brilliant. I came from the era that idolized 16 year old teenage doctor, Dr Doggie Howser. Then Adam (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) mentioned him, it felt funny because I would feel and say the same thing as well. Haha. Mama couldn't control her tears when she watched the scene Adam broke 'the news' to his mum. She told me, "You know, it could drive mothers crazy." I felt bad that I had to put my parents through this.
It really hurt when I heard he said, "I just want this to be over. I'm so tired of being sick." I yearned to wake up with lesser pain. Not knowing I would live to see tomorrow. It was God's grace and mercy that I'm recovering now.
BK sent me a tweet, "I thought of you when I watched this movie. Tell me you're doing better than a year ago." Yes, I am, BK. I was told I had 60/40 and now I'm working towards 100% healthiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 notes by reader:
next yr today u will be better than today .. :)
Post a Comment