Race completed

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I finally finished 33 sessions of radiotherapy and 3 cycles of chemotherapy. These 7 weeks changed my life. 

I must admit that I underestimated the pain and fear I had to go through before I started my treatment. I remember I told Dr Syafiq I could bear the pain but I just wanted to keep my hair. As the sessions went on, my confidence started to shake. I had to go through physically changes and mental stress. I thought all these were manageable but I was wrong. I almost call it quit a few times. 

Thank God, my family and good friends like HP, Ansley, Ronnie, Jacky, Julin and many more. I completed the race. I flew home the next day. I was wheeled into the aeroplane. I held Sis Joyce's hand tight during the flight. I was afraid that I would vomit or collapse. Papa & Mama sat behind us. Mama said her prayers throughout the flight. Once arrived, I was wheeled to the immigration for express clearance. It felt good to be home again. I lied on the couch and slept through till the evening. 

Everyone was thankful that I came home. 

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment