It has to be from within

Thursday, November 3, 2011

I've heard ton of testimonies about cancer survivors turned into the disease spokesperson and ambassador. Others initiated voluntary project within the community, published book or involved in NGOs' work. I was encouraged to do likewise. I tried. Well, efforts were 'appreciated' but not executed.

After I completed my chemotherapy, I drew up a project proposal to start a support group for teenagers. Tried to start a running group. Tried to involve myself in the community work. Ideas and efforts were very much appreciated but lacked supports. I pondered for a while. Was I too idealistic? Did I lack resources? or I simply didn't mean to do big things. Sigh.

How often life gives us a break? I wanted to use this gap year meaningfully. It would be a good opportunity to undertake some social responsibilities but I guess God knows what is good for me.

I was reminded, "You don't have to do big things to be remembered. Just do small things with a big heart." So, I just want to encourage you and myself that doing small things doesn't make us any less of those make big changes.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment