You do not know Jack

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I caught a good HBO movie 'You do not know Jack' this afternoon. I prefer the movie more than the miniseries. Dr Jack Kevorkian (Al Pacino) assisted 130 patients to end their lives. This movie touched on the controversial issue regarding euthanasia. Dr Jack Kervorkian or Dr Death had no regret in 'assisting' these terminally ill patients to end their lives.

Dr Jack Kervorkian's recorded his consultations with his patients. If it was determined that the patient was suffering, beyond all hopes of recovery and clear minded, Dr Jack Kevorkian would assist the patient to 'relieve his pain'. Did he want all went to him to die? No. There was a case of a guy who was badly disfigured after an accident. He went to Dr Jack Kevorkian. Dr Jack Kevorkian identified his condition as clinically depressed and turned him down. Was Dr Jack Kevorkian an insane killer or God-sent helper? Did he try to play God or simply held tight to his belief?

I'm impressed with Al Pacino's portrayal as Dr Jack Kevorkian. Fantastic job!



0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment