Mr Wen Jiabao's visit to UBD

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chinese Premier Mr Wen Jiabao had a two-day visit to Brunei. He was cordially invited to visit UBD (University of Brunei Darussalam) this afternoon. Che Joyce asked me to come along. Sure, I said yes. It could be my one and only time to see him at a close proximity. We reached UBD at about 2pm+. UBD staff were preparing for his visit.

At about 3.30pm, the hadra team drummed up. Mc announced the arrival of Mr Wen Jiabao. I was at the aisle. I was only 10m away from him. He was friendly. He smiled and waved all his way to the stage. He announced Brunei-China will forge a closer relationship in developing oil & gas and agriculture industries. Three of UBD students participated in Q & A session. I was particularly impressed with a Malay student raised her question in Mandarin.

The 3rd student asked Mr Wen if he could recommend any good books to read. The Chinese Premier replied with a smile, "You caught me off guard..." He reckoned an avid reader would find it hard to specify a good read. Some books we could only skim through but others would accompany us a lifetime. He closed with, "This is wisdom of an elder. However, I leave you with your own judgment."

Here are some of the quick snaps from this afternoon. 



Planting 'Pokok Tolong Tolong'






The Hadra team. They played mandarin song with these instruments. Cool!

After the event, Che Joyce and I went to Simply Bello. Very nice decorated and cosy cafe. I like!


Thanks Che for a nice day! :)

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment