Nemo at sea swim

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I admit it! I wasn't very keen in going to sea swim the night before. Ronnie said I looked sad and troubled. Oh yes, I didn't feel like going at all. Well, I had no choice because I signed up for Port Dickson. Argh.

I was a litte worried about riding to Pasir Ris to meet Ans. I knew I must be more independent and couldn't make Ans rides up and down. I didn't really sleep well. I said a little prayer before I set off. Tampines Avenue 10 opened a new road so I started to ride slowly to meet Ans. The ride was smooth. I reached our meeting place way ahead of time so I thought I should just ride to Ans's house. It was less than 20 minutes. I slowly made my way to his place. I didn't get lost and made the correct turns and was at the lobby in about 20 minutes. I was so pleased with myself. I called Ans. I bet he was surprised. The first thing he asked me, "You buanged ah?"

We pedalled off towards F2. As usual, Ans dropped me at the coastal. I slowed down because we were very early. Ben, Ans and I were the earliest to arrive. Swim mates started to flow in about half an hour later. Coach grouped and sent us to do warm up. He held the elites group behind. I thought he would ask me to stay back so I waited. Coach said, "JacQ, you go." Somehow I felt happy. He has better confidence in the little Nemo now.

After 2 rounds of warm up, Ans and Varian told me there was a bloated dead cat on the shore. Eeks. In the following loops, I kept thinking I swallowed its fur. The sky was turning dark. I did 2 loops and decided to ride home. Ans and I left immediately after I came out of the sea.

I wiped my bike, did my laundry, washed toilet, swept the floor and bathed. I tried to sleep but the karaoke downstair was very loud and noisy. I gave up and headed to town.

I missed Chester. Perhaps it was a Sunday routine to play with Chester but not anymore. I wish I have a dog.

Bike: 30km + 30km
Swim: 2.1km

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment