PD triathlon race report

Sunday, July 25, 2010

It has been more than 2 years since my last triathlon race. It felt like my first OD. I woke up at 5am. Varian, Jason and I went for early breakfast. The triathletes chose to sleep in than having breakfast so the restaurant was empty.

We met up at the lobby again at 6.30am. There was a long queue for body marking already. We quickly dropped our gears at the transition area and joined the queue. Thankfully, they opened a counter for the owmen category. I got my number on the arms in 5 minutes.

I lost Varian and Jason after body marking so I went to do warm up myself. Surprisingly I wasn't afraid of the water. I went halfway to the bouy. I felt alright. Everyone was on the start point when I came back. All of us took pictures and chatted to relax ourselves. It was always good to race with friends. Lynn gave me a tight hug. She's really a dear sister to me.

Uncle Chan sent the first wave to swim. They were the young and furious. We were the last group to go. It was Jocelyn's first OD. She said she would want to stay with me. I swam besides her and watched her for a while. I lost her after the first bouy. It was a nice swim. I kept swimming and no panic attack. After the U-turn, I saw a guy and I drafted him. Geez, he swam off course so both of us were far out from the rope. It happened to me again!

I was worried about my swim but it turned out to be a nice swim. I wasn't tired. When I came out from the water, I tried to run. I felt a twist on my left ankle but no time to check so I just moved on. I cleaned my feet, wore helmet, shades, socks and cycling shoes. Swallowed a packet of powergel. Then I noticed a lady recorded my transition. Whoops babe! that wasn't a good example.

When I hit 5km and turned left, I saw the first guy coming in with the traffic police. I tried to focus and finish the bike leg. Many friends called out to me. Thanks for cheering, friends. I had slight cramps on the bike leg. Stopped at the U-turn for a while. At the last 5km, Ying Ying came from behind. I drafted her all the way back to 'bike in'.

Now, last leg and it was supposed to be my best leg. When I was running out, I saw Brian came in. Then Shem completed the race and standing by the the road side. I saw many people were on the U-turn back. I knew my bike slowed me down too much. I couldn't close the gap in the run leg anymore. I took it easy. At the U-turn, two guys talked to me a little bit. We paced each other but they were a little too slow so one of the guys said, "Hey pretty you go first." Rare compliment!

Yay! I finally was back. I ran towards the finishing line and didn't notice the uneven ground. So I tripped. What a place to fall down! I picked myself up quickly and I completed the race. No PB, not a good timing but I completed my 3rd triathlon race.

We packed our stuff and went back to the hotel. It was another fast transition. By 12.30pm, all triathletes were ready to leave the hotel. Uncle Chan came to say goodbye to us. Varian, Jason & Nate wanted to dropby at Malacca so we left earlier. As I left earlier, Meng couldn't make it to come over and say goodbye.

Goodbye, Port Dickson. I will be back stronger :)


Swim: 44 minutes
Bike: 1 hour 39 minutes
Run: 1 hour 5 minutes

I seriously need to improve on these timings.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment