Unblogged days

Saturday, July 10, 2010

It has been a long while since I last blogged. I didn't manage to record all my training for ultramarathon. The final stage of my training was painful. My body surrendered and mind became weak. The high mileages torn down my body. In the 2nd last week before the race day, I couldn't even push for 7km after Yellowfish sea swim.

We had a fun time at the game. The swimmers had to pair up with a partner to swim and run together. I decided to go for it in the last minute. Almost everyone had a partner. Kat went through the list and I was paired with Varian. Although the run was only 7km, it felt like 70km for me.

A week before Sundown marathon, it was the Passion run. I went there without much passion to run. There was a lot of runners but I was not in the mood to run. I just wanted to clock my mileage for the week and go home. I did 2 hours 40 minutes for 25km. Aaron called me and we had a kiwi dinner (yeah, Aaron confirmed the lamb was air-flown from NZ). Well, I had to believe him since he's a Kiwi.

Finally the race week arrived. I slowed down all my activities. The bad news was my left foot was swollen badly. I endured the swell and pain for about a week or so. Ans knew I would pocastinate to see doctor and 'dictated' me to call for appointment. I went to see Dr Patrick Goh on Wednesday. Dr Goh was amazed by my endurance and gave me 12 jabs on my left foot. He said I was very blessed to have this injury only. Someone else would have to stop running from the high mileages.

It was D-day. I thank God, my family and good friends. It was a blessed race. I came in 6th position.

Jeanette approached me to write 2 articles for SHAPE run booklet. I hesitated but was glad that I took up the offer. I had a good experience in writing and interviewing the runners. Cool! I'm glad people are reading my articles. Whoopie.

After 2.5 years staying with Auntie Mary, I decided to move on. It was also a closure to my last chapter of my life.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment