Thumb up, JacQ

Monday, July 12, 2010

We had to send our bikes in for servicing at 7.30pm. It meant I had to cycle at the peak hour. I rushed home after work. I was hoping to avoid the Eunos working crowd.

Once I got home, I changed and rushed off. I went through an obstacle course. Obstacle #1, I forgot that I had to filter to the middle lane to turn right. So I had to stop at the bus stop and slowly moved to the middle lane. Failed! Obstacle #2, I was behind the bus, so the traffic in the opposite direction couldn't see me. Obstacle #3, I tried to be Smart Alec. The wait at the traffic light was long and I tried to move forward. As I pedalled, the cars moved. I was panicked as I was in between the moving vehicles. Obstacle #4, a silly motorcyclist came so close to me. I felt like I was going to fall. Phew! I reached the meeting place safely but forgot my glasses.

It was a smooth ride after I met up with Ans. We reached Bikelabz in less than 10 minutes or so. Ryan, the bike fit guy asked me how long have I been riding. Gee, I thought my bike must be so dirty that he had to ask. Well, he asked me bike fitting related questions. Hmm, he was curious about Pinarello (my guess).

Unlike my previous experiences with other bike shops, I felt at ease leaving my Pina with them. Pina needed a good bath.

On my way home, I was happy with my improvement. I managed to ride to the shop and steel myself against the heavy traffic.

Ans said, "Beat the fear". Yes, thanks buddy!

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment