Pre-race (PD triathlon)

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Varian came to pick me up at 7.30am. Bikes and bags were packed neatly. We left for Port Dickson. Varian, Jason, Nad and I chatted all the way to Ayer Hitam. Our stomach started to groan from hunger.

We asked the driver to stop at Ayer Hitam for breakfast. We spotted a fishball noodles place. We had yong tau fu & fishball noodles. Tasty. We looked more alive after our stomach were filled. The journey to Port Dickson continued. On the highway, we saw Kat, Dennis, Kam Meng's cars. When we reached Avillion hotel, there were already many triathletes at the lobby waiting to be checked in. The hotel staff said there was no extra bed available so we couldn't have 4 persons in a room. Thank God for Kat. She found me a room.

It was a huge room and very nice. I love the design. We dropped our stuff and headed to the town for late lunch. We had our lunch at a hawker. Cheap food. The taxi driver said we could walk around the shopping mall after our meal. With anticipation that the mall would be Parkway Parade equivalent, well we were disappointed. We finished window shopping in 5 minutes! We decided to go back to the hotel and check out the race site.

Meng said he would come over to meet up with me after his run. Blur me! I told him the wrong Avillion. Finally, I saw him at the lobby. I showed him my nice room. It was nice to see him again and beautiful sunset :)


We had seafood dinner at Sea View. It was a good meal. Stomach filled and it was time to go back to the hotel to prepare for tomorrow. I packed my stuff and tires pumped. Gears checked. Had a hot shower and curled in one cozy corner of a big room.

Good night, Port Dickson!

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment