You know you're a triathlete when....

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Yes. I just had the moment of 'You know you're a triathlete when you....'

At 3.19am, Tai Tai Pang updated me that there was strong wind and sky was red. Geez. I looked out of the window, it looked like it was going to rain any minute. I told her to wait and monitor. The sky didn't improve at 5am. We agreed to call off the ride. I was disappointed.

Chris was surprised to see me at home. I told her about the weather. She suggested that I should not ride alone but follow her to the gym. I don't like gym especially on the weekend. Well, I had to make do with what I had so I went with Chris.

It was a nice gym. No wonder the most expensive gym in town. I chose my bike and started to pedal. I told Chris that I would try to last 2 hours. It was dark outside...slowly, the sky cleared. More and more people came. Bleh. The sky was so nice and clear at that time. I wish I was on the road. Perhaps that made me more frustrated so I pedalled harder and longer. I hit 2 hours mark. I knew I could go on so I continued. I finally got off the bike after 75km on the bike. I think the trainer thought I was a nut case!

The trainer came to me and asked, "Are you a triathlete?" I was stunned. He continued, "Only triathletes could stick to one activity for so long and do 3 sports!" I was embarrassed and quickly moved to the drink counter. A Korean lady asked me the same question. Ok, I think I was on the bike for too long indeed. It was a good workout. I'm thankful to Chris.

Bike @ the gym: 75km (2 hours 40 minutes)

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment