Return of the cycles

Monday, March 7, 2011

Sis Joyce is away on work trip. Sue has started working. Mama is at home taking care of Kayden. Papa accompanied me to NCC this morning. I was Dr Syafiq's 2nd patient this morning. We waited for a while.

As usual, Dr Syafiq checked if I was okay. He said that my white blood count has gone up to 3. I was alright to proceed with the chemotherapy. However, I must be comfortable. I told him I would kick start the new cycles. He then sent me to level 3 Day Care Unit.

It was my first time at the Unit. The nurses were friendly. The Day Care Unit is segregated by gender. The beds were taken. I settled for a comfortable chair. The nurse came to prepare IV drip. An hour later, I noticed redness on my hand. The nurse immediately removed the IV drip. They tried to other veins. Unfortunately, my veins were too shy. It collapsed easily. A few of the nurses tried their luck but no luck. They updated Dr Syafiq and he decided to cancel my chemo treatment.

I was asked to go for Portacath insertion. A minor surgery to insert a metal below my collar bone. This could be used for IV drip, blood extraction, CT scan. I collected the letter over the counter. They asked me to make an appointment for the Portacath insertion as soon as possible. Shanti was concerned about the delay. She asked me to go back to NCC on Wednesday.

I told Papa & Mama about the surgery. They looked worried. I feel bad that I have to make them go through this with me. In the afternoon, I saw Dr Paw. He signed me off for surgery on Saturday.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment