Dr Hj Syafiq arranged for me to see a clinical psychologist. After two weeks, I received a call from the department. So I went to see the clinical psychologist this afternoon.
It's located next to the specialist building. The lift made me claustrophobic. It's so tiny that Papa & Mama, me filled the entire lift. It has a long corridor and old furniture. The office felt abandoned. There are a lot of small rooms with labels. I looked for clinical psychological. A lady asked me to wait in one of the rooms.
The room has a few classroom furniture and a half-length body mirror. I wondered why on earth they need such a big mirror. The mirror was on my left and it was quite distracting. Or I should be seated on the other side of the table. The psychologist didn't introduce herself but just smiled. I started to share.
I talked and talked. She acknowledged. She repeated what I said. I got bored and posted her questions. She gave me yes or no answer. I figured I could have self-diagnosed, self-analyzed, self-cured. She didn't tell me where my problems were, what could I do to help myself but just nodded cause & effect, my own suggestions. I decided to end the session myself. I had to ask her for her name!
When Papa & Mama asked me how was the session, I didn't know what to say. Did I expect too much? Papa and I re-joined Mama at the Oral and Maxilo Facial (OMF) surgery clinic. Thankfully, Mama and I managed to be scheduled to remove our moles in May. At least I didn't feel so 'empty-handed'.
I need to prepare a diplomatic answer when Dr Hj Syafiq asks me about the meeting. Bleh!
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment