Blessed run

Sunday, October 16, 2011

In the past one year, my longest distance clocked was 11km. Nat said there was a slot for real run 10km. I was tempted to take up but resisted because I felt unprepared. I wasn't sure if I could run beyond 11km. Then, I told myself why not tried to run 21km...slow and steady on Sunday? Ok, set!

On Saturday night, I tried to carbo-load and had an early night. I felt like a race other than I didn't have gels this time. I started slow and was pacing myself steadily. No stress, no hurry. I finished the 7km Fort road, good feeling. I ran on. Stopped at Bedok jetty to gulp a can of 100 plus. Sun came in. I continued to run. Breathing was good. Loving my new nimbus! 

I still felt strong. My cyclists zoomed past me. Then came the U-turn, I thought to myself, well done JacQ. I didn't stop and continue to run. My next stop was lagoon's drink stall. I stopped for a sugarcane drink. I checked my watch, gee I was well ahead of my expected finishing time. I was pleasantly surprised! 

Morale boosted. I picked up my speed a little bit and ran back. I finished 21km in 2.20hrs. I never expected I could still finish with this timing after bags of chemo drugs, neopogen injections, all burnt glands. My tears rolled down my face. Once I lost it, God has returned it to me now :)

Good or bad run, being able to run is a blessing. 

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment