Cancer Awareness Week

Saturday, October 1, 2011

This is Cancer Awareness Week as well as Breast Cancer month. The exhibition was at The Mall. I was greeted by many familiar faces. The nurses at NCC were there to share about early detection. I believe they were happy to see me recovering well.

Last month I went back to NCC for Portacath flushing. We met a friend of Sis Joyce. Datin N and her daughter. Her daughter has lung cancer. She looked fine. Other than her bald head, I couldn't tell she was unwell. Datin N shared with us that her daughter has gone through a series of chemotherapy but the drug didn't work well in her body. She needed to repeat the chemotherapy. Datin N said she knew her daughter was sad but she put up a brave front. However it is, I still think she's a brave lady.

Aunt MH also updated us that doctor found another small lump on the other side. She would have to go for another surgery. She's very strong. She didn't let this affects her. She's still hopeful. She has wonderful strength.

We're given a new chance to live. Living is never the same to us as before.

I want to catch this show, 50/50.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment