She encouraged me that Brunei may not have the best technology and facilities but it's a good place for recovery. Less stress and quiet. She said since she started her job in the hospital. All of her patients survived cancer and still seeing her till today. She documented my tumour. I came face-to-face with my tumour. At that point, I knew there wasn't any misread of report or error. I have tumour. Before this I held on with a hope that all this was a nightmare. It could be doctor's mistake. Nope, it's real.
After the documentation, she told me that she would pray for me. Not sure if this was a good sign but I thought she was kind to offer me a prayer. She asked me not to worry and anticipate too much. She drew an analogy. I had to to travel from point A to point B to meet someone. There might be obstacles or unseen circumstances along the way. She encouraged me these obstacles were there so that I could reach in the perfect timing. If I were to reach earlier perhaps the person was not there yet. Think happy thoughts and be positive. That was her message.
After her clinic, they did an audiogram for me. It was a quick one. My hearing was good.
At 3.30pm, I was back to the hospital for my dental appointment. My dentist was Dr Sarah. A young doctor who spoke very good English. She cleaned my tooth. She did a filling for me. She said my ora hygiene was good but she needed me to do x-ray on my bitewing because my right bitewing wasn't responding.
That concluded all my tests before I see Dr Shafiq next week.





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment