Tumor

Saturday, October 2, 2010

I took an early shower to wait for Dr Loh's round. At about 8am, Dr Loh came to my bed. She sat next to me. I asked her, "Doctor, can I be discharged today?" She looked at me and said, "The pituitary growth they found was alright. There is nothing we need to do with it but...they found another growth behind your nose. It seems like it has advanced to the back of your head. MRI suggested so. We will send you to ENT specialist to examine further."

She asked me if I was okay. I didn't know what to say. I said, "I'm okay but I'm worried for my parents now." Perhaps I was already mentally prepared for this bad news. I was calm. However I knew the doctor was worried about me. She sent a nurse to be with me. Dr Kalpana said I had low blood count and my blood pressure was very low. 

I decided to call Che Joyce. She asked me to be calm and she and Mama would be there very soon. I cried. I hesitated for a while. I didn't know if I should update Ansley. I decided to sms him at about 10am+ so he would be in the race. At 11am+, Ansley called me. He told me he dnf his race. Although he said he quit the race because his chest was tight but I knew he was worried for me. At least I knew as a good friend, he would not be able to race in peace not knowing if I was alright. I'm sorry, buddy. You could easily finish the race sub 6 hours. You, I knew you could. You were prepared for this race. 

Who would believe such a hardcore athlete would have a tumour? 

Finally, I saw Che Joyce and Mama walked in. It was the most comforted moments. Che Joyce and Mama hugged me tight and asked me not to be afraid. Everyone in the family would be with me.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment