MRI

Friday, October 1, 2010

I knew something wasn't right. I couldn't go home yet. I waited. 

I heard about MRI but I never knew it could be a scary experience. At about 3pm+, the nurse came to fetch me to the Neurology clinic. I had to remove my nose stud. I was wheeled to the Neurology clinic. When I was there, there were 2 other patients. One of them was unconscious and the other had a metal piece around his head. The radiologist told me he would inject saline into my body so they could see the growth clearly. It was my turn. 

She helped me with ear plucks and pre-empted me with the loud noise. I lied straight and she asked me not to move my body. The procedure would last about 30 minutes. She put a headphone over me. There was some classical music and it quickly faded off. I heard noise like drilling and etc. She asked me try not to swallow saliva. Twenty minutes passed. They checked if I was alright and would continue the test. She said the last 5 minutes. I counted the minutes. Finally, she told me it was finished. 

I couldn't wait to go back to my bed. I swear I didn't want to go through this again! When I saw Ronnie at the ward, I was relieved and was about to tell him my experience. Then, I was told MRI wasn't done yet. They forgot one of the sequences. I was wheeled back again. Thankfully, it was just 5 minutes. On the way back, I couldn't hold myself. I cried. 

I was touched by Mrs Lay's kindness. Mrs Lay, Mrs Hong, Beng Chye and Gim Kiong came to see me. Followed by THE and Linda. They kept assuring me not to worry about work but concentrate to get well. 

Somehow at this point, I knew my world would change from now onwards...

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment