Brace myself

Thursday, April 14, 2011

My wigs arrived today. I tried them on. I used the wig net. Mama watched me trying on the wigs and she told me I actually looked ok if I shave my hair or cut it short. She could tell I was helpless with my frizzy thin hair.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I said yes. Sue drove us to the salon. On my way to the salon, I couldn't help but cried. I loved my hair. I had to let go now. I'm nearing the end of my treatment and I had to do this. Why couldn't let me keep my hair till the end? Why now, 70% of it done and yet I had to go through this ordeal?

My hairstylist asked me if I was ready. I asked him to 'just do it'. I saw my hair on the floor. Today was my bravest day of my entire life. I told my mum, she has a new son.


I met a Canadian lady who has Lymphoma cancer. She was treated 5 years ago. The cancer came back and doctor called it low grade cancer. The cancer cells are slowly growing. She was crying as she was talking to me. I told her that she looked great and not to worry about it. She said, "Things change very quickly with cancer". I couldn't disagree with her. 

I said to her, "Cancer changed my life"
She replied, "So was mine"

We paid a hefty price. I paid through my nose. Literary. 

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" - Isaiah 41:10

1 notes by reader:

Anonymous said...

:)

~jacky~

Post a Comment