Life in Brunei

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Brunei has a new cluster of shopping malls. Times Square, Citi Square and Airport Mall. Citi Square and Airport Mall are still new with very few shops. The cluster of malls share a narrow entry road. Finding parking lot at Times Square is a merry-go-round.

I realized Brunei has parking problems. Brunei is coming up with more malls and shops but very limited parking lots. Mabohai shopping complex is expanding but I don't see new parking lots. Brunei's main roads are wide but entry roads are mostly narrow. We should be thankful that Brunei drivers are generally polite and do give way. Else, driving can be a real pain.

There has been traffic jam these few days. I wondered why. Che Joyce shared something interesting. Bruneians live like a graph. There are peak and down times. Bruneians have all the activities after pay day. They would shop, pay bills, pay road tax and etc. I could understand but just felt strange. I felt that the next few days after pay day, they shop as if there was no tomorrow. Why not save some which could last till next pay day? Interesting. A country's culture, I suppose.

Being away for more than a decade. A lot to re-learn about living in Brunei.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment