Today was my scheduled appointment to see Dr Hj Syafiq. Not 8am anymore. I reached NCC at about 9.30am. Dr Hj Syafiq would see those patients who needed to do chemo first and followed by routine check up cases. My number was 2003. I supposed to be the next in line but Dr Hj Syafiq cleared his chemo patients first so I waited for 45 minutes to an hour.
Dr Hj Syafiq greeted me. I told him I lost a bit of weight. Dropped to 41.6kg. I thought it would be his concern. Surprisingly, he told me, "It's alright. Just 600g." Phew! He has confidence that I would pick up my weight soon. He checked my lymph nodes. He said it was clear. He then told me my case would be transferred to Joint Cancer Centre (JCC) at RIPAS. I need to do endoscopy monthly so ENT specialist would have to take over from now onwards. He would send me for MRI too. After clearing these, I would revisit the pituitary gland growth at the back of my head.
The nurse handed me my medical card and said I had no more appointment with NCC. Strangely, I felt a little sad. I guess I was felt attached to Dr Hj Syafiq and his team. Well, it's time to move on.
I went up to DCU to flush my portacath. Good feeling I wasn't there to sit/lie down for 6 to 7 hours. There was a young lady besides me. She was pretty with long wavy hair. She looked sad. She had IV drip for chemo drug. Sigh. Don't we all hate cancer?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment