Molly Holly mole is gone

Monday, June 27, 2011

Today was an 'op day' for Papa and me. Papa had to remove a lump at his back and I was removing a mole on my right arm. We were at the hospital at 6.30am. Only realized Day Ward would open from 7.30am onwards so we went to the canteen.

Geez. The drink stall hadn't opened at 8am! We sat in the dimly lit canteen. There was only a stall opened with two plates of choices ie. bee hoon and mee goreng. Beggar can't be chooser so everyone queued for bee hoon and mee goreng.

The nurse wheeled Papa to the operating theatre. While waiting for the doctor to attend to Papa, they told me Papa had to hold a while. A patient jumped queue! Ridiculous. So we went back to wait.

At 10.30am, Papa was in the operating theatre. The nurse told us the procedure would take about an hour. We waited. Papa didn't come out after one hour. We became anxious. No one to ask. After two hours, I saw the nurse who attended to Papa. I checked with her. She assured me that everything was fine. Later, Papa told us he waited for very long for the doctor to sign and clear him. Haiz.

We didn't have time to go home. We had a quick lunch and headed to OMF. Dr Sasi and his nurses gave me a briefing and started the procedure. It took about 25 to 30 minutes. No pain. I had two jabs of LA. I felt the nurse dabbing my arm and I saw blood. It was more scary to be awake.

Thank God. Papa and I felt alright. My big 'houseflies' mole finally departed me. Doctor confirmed it wasn't cancerous.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment