Marketplace

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A few weeks ago, I visualized our swim as an orchestra. It turned into a marketplace tonight. There was shouting and it was a mess!

The lane started well. Ansley and I were leading the lane. Pace was good for the drills. Coach commenced the 100m set. Ansley went for toilet break after the 3rd set. So, I led the swim. We completed the 6x100m (3.15 minutes). Our lane met the target.

Then, came the 50m sets. The chaos began. Coach paired us up. I still don't understand his pairing. He paired a fast and slower swimmers together. It went haywire. The pairs could not swim the same pace. The lane could not synchronize well. I haven't heard Coach's shouting for a long while. Finally, he shouted. Of course, my lane didn't meet the target for 7x50m sets.

At the end of the swim, Coach came to our lane and said, "Hey, your lane screwed up". I felt so lousy. I know we could have done better than this. I completed the sets without a good feeling. It was a marketplace tonight.

A break from swim class next week.

Swim: Catch up, one arm pull, hip drills and speedwork (1oom and 50m sets)

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment