Post-marathon hours

Sunday, February 7, 2010

We finally received 13 of us. As Vincent said, 13 in 1 and 1 and 13. There was 13 of us went for the run and we would come back with 13 of us too.

The run wasn't easy but thankfully we had each other. We gathered everyone and looked for our van. The van was much more quiet than on our way to the race site. All were exhausted. Chill wind blew through our faces. We were falling sleep.

The journey back to KL somehow felt much shorter. The driver alighted us at the alley behind our hotel. We had our late dinner, supper or pre-dawn breakfast at a restaurant. After the meal, we strolled back.


I had a nice shower. Finally, I could lie down and rest. My legs ached. So were Joanne and Irynn's legs. We slept through to 11am. The hotel chef was kind enough to extend the breakfast till 11.15am. We checked out at 12.30pm and headed for lunch.

The drive back to Singapore felt shorter as well. I wonder if it was the 'post 42km effect', everything felt shorter after the long, tough run. We reached Novena Square at about 7pm.

I finally, finally went to bed at 12am+. I felt the marathon only ended at this second.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment