No familiar faces. I walked around and met Eddie from KPI. Stayed with him at the starting line. Ok, the race was about to commence. At 7.15am, marathoners started their 42.195km journey. Strides were good. Breathing was fine and my legs felt strong. At the bridge, Gary saw me. We ran together for a while. He said he would do 6 mins/km on flat and 6.30km mins uphill. I followed his pace. At the water point, we spilt.
I started to slow down. Breathless again. It was less than 15km. I didn't want to be swept by the bus. I must complete the race. I kept going. As I ran, I picked up the momentum. There were many up and down. The tunnel was endless. Thin air. I felt giddy. Finally, I was out of tunnel. Pain alleviated, so was the ground. Sigh.
The challenge of this marathon was the slopes were concentrated in the second half of the run. I managed to drag myself up an down, maintained my speed on the expressway. My knee hurt at about 30km. Thank God it went away after a while. I tried not to look at the distance marker and just kept running. I was back to the town area. Supporters waved and cheer us on at the overhead bridge. It boosted my morale. I ran on.
At 41km, there was a steep slope. I slowed down and walked. Last 1km. A lot of cheers along the way but I couldn't go any faster. Then someone pat on my back. It was Jacky! Jacky pushed me and ran with me in the last 100m. Yay! I completed my marathon before the cut-off.
I was disappointed with myself. I stayed in the hotel the whole afternoon till dinner time. Anyway, my back hurt too. I wanted to call home but too expensive. Wrapped myself up like a popiah and slept.
Two marathons completed. I should be proud of myself.
Run: 42.195km






1 notes by reader:
good job .. !! .. concentrate on ur 84 now .. :)
~jacky~
Post a Comment