Pre-marathon hours

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I took the earlier coach with Vincent, Ryan and Shu Qing. Our pit stop wasn't good. The food weren't our taste. I swallowed a kaya bun and teh tarik. Thank God. I didn't feel hungry.

We managed to locate our hotel. It was near Chinatown. I remembered the place vaguely. We checked into our rooms. I was the first to be in the room. Vincent passed me a few tips before entering the hotel room. What would be a lifeline to SOS? Telephone! guess what? the telephone set wasn't working well. Boo. I decided to leave it as it was rather than asking someone to fix it before the gals arrived.

A few hours later, Joanne and Irynn arrived. Fabian, Jacky, Gary, Joanne, Irynn and I went for supper. We had extremely oily noodles and had a tour around 7-11. We slept about 4am.

We had breakfast at 9.30am. After breakfast, it was R&R. We spilt for different activities. The 3 guys came with us. Six of us went to LOT 10, Sungei Wang and Times Square. Had lunch at Kenny Rogers. Eeks, the spaghetti tasted awful. For the sake of the marathon, Fabian, Jacky, Gary and I forced the spaghetti down our throat.

We made our way back to the hotel at 3pm. The taxi driver told us there was a major traffic jam and we could only reach the hotel in an hour time. Panicked. Thank God the traffic was clear on the route back. All of us took a short nap and gathered at 4.30pm.

We left the hotel at about 5pm and took a van to Putrajaya. The driver gave us a mini tour along the race route. It wasn't helpful because all of us weren't looking forward to 'the torture'. Aileen was the superstar. She was interviewed by the media. Some of them went to take photos with her. Haha. We sat by the stage and many of them wore 2XU compression long tights. We caught a lot of attentions. It was a bit of blushing moment.


At8pm, the gun fired and race started for the marathoners.

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment