Dealing with the side effects from the intensive treatment hasn't been easy. I was clueless. My family was just as blur. We worked on 'advices from others'. I was traumatized by my experience from the treatment. I hate everything I had during my treatment. I don't touch porridge and cod fish now. I dislike Biotene mouth rinse. I think I would be afraid of going to Far East Plaza. I guess these are psychological side effects. Don't take your favourite food during the treatment. You would not like it at least for a long time.
Most of the mouth rinse contains alcohol. It makes mouth dry. To clean mouth, I use baking soda and salt mixed with warm water. This helped me to clear my thrush and severe mucositis, of course with regular interval of antiobiotic too.
I still have my ulcer but the gaps are slowly closing. No pain now. Only slight pain at night sometimes. Left with dry mouth and dry lips. This will take months to come back.
It was a long suffering. A lot to put up with...life with cancer is tough but I will be tougher than it.





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment