Unlike the previous years, I didn't help much in preparing for the new year. Most of the work were done by Papa & Mama, Kel, Sue and Sis Joyce. Mama wanted me to be more involved. She asked Nancy to ask me to help with the cooking. I helped Nancy with the shredded chicken. I helped Sue with the Shrimp rolls. At night, I helped Nancy to fry keropok, cashew nuts and the shrimp rolls.
I can't wear most of my new clothing I bought from Singapore. I had to buy new ones. Sis Joyce and I did last minute shopping. There was limited choices. Sis Joyce knew they weren't my style and taste but beggar couldn't be chooser so we accommodated. I looked so skinny and sickly. I bought some accessories to shift the focus on my sunken face and skinny body.
We invited Aunt, Ben and Hwee Sze to join us for reunion dinner. There were 10 dishes on the table. We chatted and ready to usher the new year.
We wish everyone good health, happiness everyday and everyday is a good day!





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment