Visit to OPD @ JPMC

Friday, February 11, 2011

My appointment with Dr Syafiq was 10am. Papa & Mama drove me to JPMC much earlier. We took the queue number 1012. Hmm, everything seems to be 112 today. Hehe. We then went to the lab for my blood test. I was a little nervous before the blood test. In the last two months, the nurse had difficulty extracting my blood. I was worried that they could not find my fine veins again.

I was called to the room. A nurse tapped on left arm and she looked confidently. Needle poked. Yay! My blood was flowing through, though a little slow towards the end. Thank God.

We went back to the OPD to wait to Dr Syafiq. I gained 3kg. For the first time I was so happy to be heavier. Dr Syafiq checked my mouth. He said it is now quite clean and no more thrush. My whitish tongue is because I have no saliva. I just need to keep drinking water. He was happy with my progress. However, my white blood count is 2.6. I have to go up to 3 before he allows me to go for chemotherapy. So he gives me another 3 weeks to build my body. Target date for chemotherapy is 7 March. Three cycles means 6 times (Day 1 of Week 1, Day 8 of Week 2, Week 3 rest, Day 1 of Week 4, Day 8 of Week 5, Week 6 rest, Day 1 of Week 7, Day 8 of Week 8). It's about another 2 months.

Dr Syafiq sends me to do audiogram and nasendoscopy next week. Hopefully and prayerfully the tumour is gone. Yes, it will be gone after all the treatment! I feel that my hearing wasn't affected much after the treatment but Dr Syafiq said it's best to re-examine.

Now I am considering if I should tender for resignation. Need to pray for wisdom.

1 notes by reader:

Anonymous said...

jia you .. !! .. :)

~jacky~

Post a Comment