Flat after the hills

Sunday, April 18, 2010

It was all flat this morning. I had to clock 40km. I would attempt to run to Changi Village for milo peng.

I started my run at about 6am. I ran towards Fort Road. There were a few Team Fatbird guys with me. No words exchanged. I reckon ECP is no longer a challenge to me. My new challenge is the distance beyond NSRCC.

It was getting hot and warm when I reached Changi Ferry Terminal. I hesitated for a while if I should go to Changi Village. Yes, why not? The straight and narrow pavement felt long. After about 15 minutes to 20 minutes, I reached Changi Village. I was drenched.

I drank a can of milo and realized a couple was looking at me. It must be my dripping sweat. I quickly finished off my drink and moved on. On the way back, Wee & family were cruising on their bikes. They paced and waited for me at my pit stops. Very sweet of them. Happy to see familliar faces.

Yay! I made it back to the overbridge. I did a little bit more than 40km.

Run: 42.5km

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment