Exactly at 5.40am, Ans reached the meeting point. Off we started our ride. I was right behind him. I don't know if it was because I know the route now so it was less stressful or I've become stronger :p the climb was ok.
I was in front when an idiot lorry driver tried to run us down. I slowed down. Ans shouted from behind, "Don't be scared. Just go." I felt safer that he was right behind me. He waved to catch the driver's attention. Phew!
Ans was on the coastal and I was on cycling track. I played with the gears. I was going very fast initially but could not sustain so dropped. Ans was at devilish speed on the coastal. I lost him after a while. I decided to slow down and took some pictures.
I was enjoying my slow ride home. Then, a mini lorry turned into the small lane and I lost my balance and fell. Thankfully, I fell on the grass. I didn't hurt myself. My legs were stained with the black oil from the chain.

Bit the bullet and bought 2 pairs of Nimbus from Jeff. Had a nice chat with Wee and Ans over kopi time.
Ans and I left for swim class. Heavy pour but as usual, the class wasn't cancelled. There was threatening lightning and thunder but the class went on. Coach must be pleased with the 12 nuts who risked their lives and continued to swim. Coach's encouraging words made the swim all worth it :p
Not too sure if it was due to anxiety or acid reaction, I think I had heartburn. Good to have caring friends. Could not swallow my dinner. Had to stop at the market after alighting from the bus. Thank God. I made it home and slept through till morning.
Bike: 56.11km
Swim: 1 hour 45 minutes and 4 laps of warm up





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment