Belted with power fuel

Saturday, April 10, 2010

I finally bought fuel belt for my long runs. I planned to start my run at 5am but woke up late. I started at 6am plus. I ran towards Fort road and made an U-turn at B1 carpark. I clocked 5km to 6km and continued with my remaining 30km towards coastal.

Initially, I felt uneasy with the fuel belt because it kept moving up to my waist. I like to wear it lower so I kept adjusting it. After an hour of 'trial period', it passed. I managed to keep it around my hip bones. It felt much more comfortable.

Coastal was quiet again. Perhaps everyone was at OSIM race site. It was OSIM mini and sprint races this morning. I kept a lookout for Wee and BK. Only a few runners on the long stretch. I tried not to think of the distance and just enjoyed the music and run. It helped. I felt that it was less of a struggle to reach the U-turn.

I turned back towards ECP. I saw Wee and BK running towards my direction. I told them that I would continue and they would catch up. I continued to run. My strides were light and easy. The cooling weather was good. It helped my breathing. The returning route to ECP felt short. I slowed down to wait for the guys but didn't see them so I continued.

I stopped a while to refill water but still no sign of the guys so I ran to look for Ans. It was about 9.45am. I still could make it before he went into the water. It was 9.55am. Ans was with his friends. I didn't know how fast I ran but I think I was fast. My hand was shaking a little bit when I stopped.

After 20 minutes later, Wee and BK came to meet us too. Wee said he was trying to chase me and he went 4.30min/km pace. Gee, that was flying fast speed. I guess I surprised the guys with my 'power run'. I was belted with fuel. Hee.

Bad weather. OSIM sprint swim was cancelled. Moodster Ans decided to go back.

Run: 35km

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment