Less is more

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I did a lot of junkies. I didn't realize these workouts worn me out till now. I need to see volume. I quantified my training instead of concentrated on quality training. That explains why I was burnt out easily.

A kind soul is kind or may be crazy enough train with me for my 84km and ride with me. He noticed my junk mileages during lunch time and asked me to stop the lunch time gym workout. It wasn't easy to quit but I tried...still trying.

Yesterday I finally realized 'less is more'. I did my regular weeknight run. For many months, my weeknight runs were a chore to me. I felt tired easily and very slow pace. It could be due to overtraining. Last night I started slow as well. My left calf was tight and I thought it would be a crappy run. To my surprise, as I ran I felt lighter and lighter. My last 8km was in good form. I like my easy, fast strides. At the end of the run, I still felt strong and wasn't tired at all. No junk mileages did do some good to me.

I was happy with my run last night. Thank YOU ;P

Something comical happened too. I waited for my bill at the counter for a long time at the HK cafe. The stage singer must be really bored. Suddenly he said, "This song is for the girl at the counter." Thank God it wasn't some funny song. 

Run: 15km

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment