The path less travelled

Friday, April 2, 2010

I rested on Thursday because I would be doing the b2b long runs on Good Friday and Saturday.

I started my run at about 7am. Based on the 'prescribed schedule', I supposed to do 32km this morning so I went towards to jetty (towards Fort road) to clock the mileage. Then, I ran back towards NSRCC -> coastal. My pace was good. I went beyond NSRCC and on the coastal. Many cyclists were on the road but hardly anyone on the cyclist path. As Wee said 'only serious runners would be running at coastal'. I agree!

I was stuborn and refused to carry water with me when I left ECP. It was 50%-50% that the kiosk at the park would not be opened at 9am. True! It was still closed. I had no choice to run back to NSRCC. The journey back to NSRCC wasn't easy. I was very dehydrated. I felt weak. Thank God I managed to run to the Adventure place near ECP. After one can of 100 plus, I still felt weak and hungry so I took milo. Milo was the saviour.

I continued to run and met Wee. Wee wanted to run back with me but I knew I was slowing down so I asked him to go ahead. I had 3 more water point stops. Finally, I was back. Phew!

I made a few mistakes. I didn't carbo-load enough for the long run. I should have hydrated myself or carried water with me. Well, I was thankful that I didn't blackout during the run.

Did a short swim with Anzter. A moodster that day :p

Run: 34km
Swim: 4x200m

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment