Kill the hills

Saturday, April 17, 2010

It was supposed to be a 3 guys and an irongirl run. One of the guys didn't turn up so there were Wee, Ans and I. They led the way and I just followed.

I'm so used to running flats.The gentle hill made my heart beat twice faster than normal. Thankfully, I didn't collapse. There was a lot of ups and downs but I like it. Again, the guys train hills so they climbed the hills fast and smooth. I tried to chase them but lost them a few times.

It was a good run. We even had a mini excursion at Haw Par Villa. It has been donkey years since my last trip there. I think I was a teenager. Nothing much changed. I still remember the place Papa took a photo of me in my blue dress and green hat.

Then came a Singapore's Heartbreak hill. It was steep. I tried to run but gave up and walked. I was so glad that I made it to teh top without my heart stopped beating. I'm sure I'll be back and running up the hill!

Finally, finally, we were back to Mount Faber. Wee asked me to do 2 more loops to clock mileage. I wanted to play cheat and quit the run...but the guys pushed me to go so I went. It wasn't so bad actually after the first loop.

Yeah! I finished 30km of hills and flat. Proud of myself.

Run: 30km

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment