70.3!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Today was the paid off day for many of my friends. It was AVIVA IRONMAN 70.3. I was part of the supporting crew. I left home at about 6.30am and walked to the race site. Ans happened to be on the other side of the walkway. We walked to the swim start together.


Cameras, photographers were busy snapping the anxiety of the participants. I knew how it felt. I was glad that I was standing at the side this morning. Met Gary at the swim start too. Gary and I did AVIVA IRONMAN 70.3 in the same year. It was not an easy race for us because both of us were sick. Anyway, as we said to each other "I'm glad that I made it and didn't die."

I went up and down trying to catch exciting moments of the race. Reunited with Ans after he deposited his gears. We chatted with Adrian Mok. He's an achiever and yet very humble. Utmost respect for completing his many ultramarathons. Ans and I had breakfast at Starbucks and went to catch a bit of the bike leg.

The sun came out around noon. It was hot at their run leg. We were at the Yellowfish support station. Saw many familiar faces. It was fun cheering the participants but I would rather be racing. Hee.


I felt so tired. Went home and took a short nap. I had reminder to do my run. Hee. I was happy that I did 20km after such a long day.
Well done to all my friends!

Run: 20km

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment