Everybody loves triathlon

Saturday, March 13, 2010

When I started running, I didn't think I would do triathlon. I was contented with my little achievements in running. To me, triathlon was meant for elites. Looking back, I've come a long way from where I started.

It all started when I joined Yellowfish. I met an enthusiastic bunch who love to be tortured. They love pain. They've become my friends so does pain! Pain is my buddy, wind is the acquaintance. A self-rediscovery journey started from here and I'm still discovering new things about myself everyday.

I was at the Singapore Biathlon this morning. I saw old timers and new faces at the race. Old met new. There was no a moment of silence when they shared about biathlon and triathlon. Zealous. I did not take part but a spectator. One of my friends, Jos who hardly trains, completed the race too. She's a biathlete now and she said she's venturing into triathlon. It's interesting to see how these sports have turned into a lifestyle. I bet many of my tri mates understood these lines.

"I don't have training today. I don't know what to do later"
"Ok. We can have dinner because I don't have training on that day"
"I'm packing my bag for tomorrow"

Triathlon is not a free sports. Triathletes train whenever they can, they don't have free time. Triathlon is not a cheap sports either. Triathletes put in their time, efforts and money into it.

Everybody still loves triathlon.

Photo by my friend, Wee

Photo by Joey (KPI)

Run: 14km

2 notes by reader:

Rompy said...

Its an avenue for us to push our limits for

"Every ceiling, when reached, becomes a floor, upon which one walks as a matter of course and prescriptive right." - Aldous Huxley

Ben :)

JacQueline said...

Yup, I doubt I will stop running till I can't run :P

Post a Comment