This is my 3rd week of B2B long runs training. My target was to clock 28km. I started my run at 7am. I turned left towards NSRCC. Comfortable, easy pace. The sky was overcast. I kept running. I knew it was going to pour. Yes, it started to drizzle when I was at F2 carpark. I kept going.
It started to rain. I ran on the coastal cycling track. Met Wee as I entered the track. He asked me to make my U-turn at Changi beach toilet. It would be 30km. No runner but only cyclists on the road. I was early when I reached Changi beach. The kiosk wasn't opened yet. No water point. Thank God it was a cool day. I ran back towards ECP.
The coastal stretch felt abandoned. I was the only runner. Water got into my iPod so no music. It was just me, my breathing and my feet. Coming to the end of the lonely stretch, I finally saw a few guys took shelter at the small hut. They gave me thumbs up.
Yay! I did 30km. It was a nice, cooling run. A time of reflection.
Run: 30km
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment