WooOoot

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I had a slow (speed) week last week. I was a little bit disappointed with myself. I kept telling myself and everyone I was much stronger in the past. Well, what's the point? I knew I sought empathy and wanted reassurance. I should not feel sorry for myself but buck up and move on.

I miss cycling. I have a love-hate relationship with cycling. I dread to get butts on the bike but once I cycle, I don't want to get off my bike. I get nervous before every ride. I would be worried about the traffic, unable to disengage cleats, tire goes into the drain, bumpy humps and of course falling off from the bike. I must stay injury free. I thank those brave souls who are willing to cycle with this buang queen. I bet Ans added 5 pounds when he cycled with me (5 pounds of stress). Hee.

Meeting point at 5.35am. I was there early to test ride my cleats. Cleats ok so I waited for Ans. I like how Ans and I merged the ride. I saw him coming and prepared to pedal, he rode passed me and I merged. He shouted, "What's the time?" "5.36am", I replied. It felt like time trial. Cool! I felt stronger and I could push on the climb. At our U-turn, it was only 6.03am. We slowed down on our way back. Ans picked up his speed after we spilt.

Swim class again. BK, Ans and even Hui were promoted to lane 4 and 3 respectively. Bumblebee was still in lane 2. Drills were fine. Coach gave us 300m sets. Donna led the swim. Coach was impressed with our lane's speed. I was happy when I heard Coach said, "JacQ, good. You're doing well." Donna and I managed to do 8 mins and slightly less than 8 mins. Coach remarked, "Shocking Asia." I was happy that I did well for the 300m sets.

I started to puncture in the 50m sprint. David refused to go first and said, "Bumblebee is too fast. I can't chase her." I tried to push. Coach asked Donna and I to go lane 3. Thank God it was the last few 50m, otherwise I would stop. I completed the full set tonight.

We decided to walk to the OAR hawker centre instead of taking bus, I kept thinking of my tau huay. Hmm, it was closed. No tau huay again!

Ans and BK left together and I took a bus home. Happy and smiling. I did well today. I just wanted to crawl and snuggle under the sheets.

Ride: 38.88km (exactly the same as 1st ride)
Swim: 1 hour 45 mins swim and 6 laps of warm up

2 notes by reader:

Rompy said...

Getting stronger. Your dedication and hardwork is paying off :)

~jacky~ said...

slowly ..

its all hard work .. n nth but hard work ..

things will work out .. :)


~jacky~

Post a Comment