Fish on dry land

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

We're guppies. We swim together but we were fish out of the water this evening.

It was my first run after the marathon. I thought I would be panting endlessly but I was alright. I could even keep yakking for 30 minutes. There wasn't many runners. It was nice and quiet. I like it this way.

I reckon Ansley and I are definitely faster on land than in the pool. At the last 200m or so to the U-turn, I went faster to see if I could push. Yay! I didn't drop dead. Ansley went ahead to clock extra mileages. I tried to maintain a consistent pace on my way back.

Ansley turned into a Kenyan. He came back almost the same time as me. He was about 3.5km ahead of me! I only stopped for 100 plus at the lagoon. I hope I wasn't that slow. He had an ego race with an army boy. That was why he was so fast!

Guess what I had for dinner? Fishball beehoon noodle. It was a FISH day.

Swim: 2 laps warm up and 2 sets of 500m
Run: 8km to 9km

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment