I was demoralized after swim class. I was in lane 3 when I re-joined swim class. I downgraded myself at the 3rd or 4th lesson and since then I've been a permanent resident of lane 2.
My 'old' lane mates like Antz, Emril, Hui, Joo, Donna were promoted to lane 3 and lane 4 respectively. I'm detained in lane 2. Coach asked me to lead the swim but he didn't promote me. I suspect he thinks I couldn't keep up the pace of lane 3. Sigh! Somehow I feel like my swim deterioriates. It also makes me feel lazy about going to swim training.
I led 5 sets of 100m last night. The 2nd swimmer was still a distance from me when I touched the wall. Well, I was still in lane 2. I'm not dying to move up to lane 3 but I think I need the confidence and motivation. Moving up the lanes means improvement. Anyway, swimming is torture so perhaps I'm most suited to be in lane 2.
It was 100m menu. I dislike the drills. Coach asked us to do frog-style kicking and breastroke. It was haywired for me. I kicked my lane mates when I tried to frog-style kick and I was out of breath when I swam breastsroke. As expected, my quads slight cramped up after barely a lap. I had to be the last swimmer for breatsroke swim.
No mood for tau huay or even food. I grumbled to the guys about detention in lane 2 (again)! I doubt they listened to me though. One busy playing his iPhone and the other one kept sms-ing with his Blackberry. On my way home, I told myself, "It's better to be first swimmer in lane 2 than last swimmer in lane 3." First swimmer has to lead and pull the swim. Bigger responsibility and more stress so I should only be sad if I'm last swimmer in lane 2 ;P
Swim: 1 hour 45 minutes swim & drills and 4 laps of warm up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment