Finding Nemo

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I believe I have better swim confidence now or perhaps my warm-up helped. I could swim more at ease in the swim class now. I was not worried about catching up with the swimmer before me. I just focused on my strokes and swam.

I used to hate one-arm and catch up drills. Surprisingly, I could do these drills much better than before. I used to rush these drills and could not even do them properly. May be this class is slower, thus the pace is manageable.

I still can't do kicking well. Coach gave me 'discount' for kicking with a valid reason. Yes, my injured knee hurt last night. I felt pain and discomfort when fluttering my feet but did not give up the swim. Thank God I completed the swim session.

As I was swimming the 100m sets, thoughts just flowed in. I felt like a nemo. I can never be a shark. I'm neither a barracuda. I'm just an unnoticed clownfish. Everyone sees other fish but not nemo. Only those who sees nemo, finds nemo.

I'm finding nemo too. I want to stay happy and be confident in myself. It doesn't matter if no one notices my efforts, abilities but I found nemo (a happy self).

Swim: 1 hour 45 minutes (drills & training)

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment