I joined the New Balance weekly run again. It was a 10km run. They expected lesser crowd but surprisingly the turn out was good. There were about 30 runners.
I'm starting to enjoy group running. It's not so lonely and good for pacing. When I ran alone, at times I lost my speed when my mind drifted into deep thought. Group running sets target time and also accountability. I can't take my own sweet time to crawl back. I have to make sure I'm back by certain time. I can train my pacing especially running with the seasoned runners. In our midst, there are runners whom have run over 40 ultra/marathons. An uncle with Donald Duck tattoo, 67 years old and still running strong. Amazing!
I ran with Joanne. I pushed her to run and she managed to keep the pace for more than 9km. I dropped her at the end of the canal. I ran back and Daniel from New Balance pushed me for a strong finish. He sprinted back with me. Phew! I finished 10km and felt good.
We had dinner together. Guess what?! I made a mistake in the distance I covered last Sunday. I actually did 20km. As I ran back alone from the Ranger's Station, I thought that was a shorter route but no, it was the same distance if I were to continue towards the golf course. The U-turn was 4.8km. Woohoo! I'm not that lousy in the trail afterall.
Run: 10km
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 notes by reader:
Post a Comment