Run with LiquidXcapers and New Balancers

Friday, January 8, 2010

I have been running alone so I thought it might be time to try group running. It would good for pacing. I decided to join the LiquidXcapers and New Balancers for their weekly run. Thank God I could get free ride from Joey.

There was about 20 runners. They were jovial and friendly. Lots of laughters and teasing. As usual, everyone claimed that they were slow. Slow is relative. Nope, almost all of them ran well.
It was just 7km. I was spent. Hard to breathe and legs were heavy. The wet pavement made it harder to run. Everyone overtook me. I was demoralized but I could not regulate my breathing so had to go slower.

Finally, I was back. I came back with one of the runners. A nice lady who seems surprised that I did 84km and was positioned #12 (40 minutes behind her coach). Well, I can understand because I struggled and ran slower than her that night.

I had dinner with the rest. Gary uncovered a little bit of his 'funny side'. Haha. It took me about 45 minutes to reach home.

Run: 7km

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment