Run, Jac(s), Run

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I planned to do a long run this morning with Fabian and Jacky. Fabian said he felt a bit tipsy so not joining us. Jacky was kind to give me a few more hours of sleep. We postponed the run to start at 8.30am.

I woke up at 7am. I thought I should not be lazy so I started my run at about 7.30am. I ran towards Fort road and saw Ryan. There was a dog race. Ryan and Shu Qing were running with their dog. Met up with Jacky at Macdonald. It was getting hotter. I was drenched in sweat. Jacky is a good runner. I felt bad to drag his timing. It was his slowest run (I believe). On our way to U-turn, we saw Brian on his bike. We chatted through the 16km.

When I knew Jacky, he's already running like a Ferrari. I heard from Fabian and Gary that he improved a lot. He reminded me of the 'old me'. I was fast in the past. We started from the bottom and built up along the way. Jacky has the potential to excel in running.

I can't run as fast as in the past. Running was my strength. Losing the speed demoralizes me. However, I know I have to move on. I slowly appreciate the term 'run your own pace'. I'm running against the wind.

Run: 8km + 16km (24km)

0 notes by reader:

Post a Comment